Updated: March 25, 2022
The tpspool.org website is made available by Texas Political Subdivisions JSIF ("TPS"). You may access and utilize the Websites and Services only under the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Websites and Services. By using the Websites and Services you signify your acceptance of these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service, you must discontinue using the Websites and Services.
Website Limited License
As a user of the Websites and Services, you are granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to access and use the Websites and Services in accordance with these Terms of Service. TPS may terminate this license at any time for any reason. To the extent use of the Websites and Services requires login information, the foregoing does not automatically grant you a right of access and you must obtain login information as required by the Websites and Services
Limitations On and Scope of Use
Any unauthorized use of the Websites and Services is prohibited. You may not use the Websites and/or Services to:
- Copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of the Websites or the Services.
- Manually extract, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or create derivative works from the Websites or the Services.
- Determine the site architecture or extract data or information about usage, individual identities of other users of the Websites or the Services via use of any network monitoring or discovery software or otherwise.
- Monitor, copy, scan, review, index, mirror, ping or validate the Websites or the Services via robot, spider, other automatic software or device, process, approach or methodology, manual or otherwise (methods such as web scraping, harvesting, data extraction, data validation or verification are prohibited).
- Transmit any computer virus, worm, defect, trojan horse, or any other item of a destructive nature, or upload any virus or malicious code.
- Transmit any false, misleading, fraudulent, or illegal communications, information, or data.
- Phish, spoof, commit illegal or fraudulent activity or violate laws in your jurisdiction.
- Access unauthorized information.
- Solicit information from minors or harm or threaten to harm minors.
- Attack, threaten violence, stalk, harass, incite, harm, or intimidate any other user, person, or organization, or engage in any other threatening behavior.
- Transmit or post any material that is abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, libelous, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable.
- Transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, contests, pyramid schemes, surveys, or any other form of solicitation or mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not.
- Export or re-export this Website or any portion thereof in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America.
Intellectual Property Rights
Except as expressly provided in these Terms of Service, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, under the copyright or other intellectual property rights. You agree that the Websites and Services are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. TPS, the TPS logo, and all other TPS trademarks, service marks, product names, and trade names of TPS appearing on or in conjunction with the Websites and Services are owned by TPS. TPS does not grant you the right to use or display any trademark, service mark, product name, trade name, or logo appearing on the Websites or the Services without TPS's prior written consent.
Linking to the Websites and Services
You may provide links to the Websites and Services, provided (i) you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, any portion of the web pages, the Terms of Service, or any notices on the Websites and Services and (ii) you discontinue providing links to the Websites and Services if requested by TPS.
The license of Your Content to TPS
By posting, publishing, uploading, or distributing any data, information, text, graphics, links, messages, reviews, content, or other materials for use on the Websites or Services (other than on https://tpspool.org or on the mobile applications), you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) TPS a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license, with the right to sublicense, to use, modify, reproduce, publish, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally display and digitally perform, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such postings or incorporate such postings into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed. You agree that you shall have no recourse against TPS for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in postings you provide to TPS
Copyright Notices & Complaints
It is TPS's policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA"). For more information about TPS's DMCA procedures, please see our Copyright Policy. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is also your consent to the copyright practices described in our Copyright Policy. TPS may terminate any user's access to the Websites or Services if TPS determines that the user is a "repeat infringer."
Relationship of TPS and You
You are an independent third party to the Websites and Services, and nothing in this Agreement will create or represent that there is any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales relationship, or employment relationship between you and TPS.
You shall not distribute on or through the Websites or Services any postings or presentations of data containing any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services, or funds or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization.
Certain sections of the Websites or Services may require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform TPS of any changes to that information. You understand that by registering with the Websites or Services, you may receive regular updates regarding new or existing TPS applications. You may request to unsubscribe by following the directions in such updates and TPS will permanently remove you from TPS's registered list of subscribers
Postings in Interactive Areas
If you participate in interactive areas on the Websites or Services, you shall not post, publish, upload or distribute any postings which are unlawful or abusive in any way. TPS may delete your postings at any time for any reason without notification of or permission from you, however, TPS has no obligation to monitor or screen postings and is not responsible for the content in such postings or any content linked to or from such postings. But TPS does reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to monitor interactive areas, screen postings, edit postings, cause postings not to be posted, published, uploaded or distributed, and remove postings, at any time and for any or no reason without notification of or permission from you.
Errors and Corrections
TPS does not represent or warrant that the Websites or Services will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected or that they will always be accessible. TPS does not warrant or represent that postings or information available on or through the Websites or Services will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. TPS may make improvements and/or changes to its features or functionality at any time.
Third-Party Content and Links
THE WEBSITES AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TPS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TPS DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) THIRD-PARTY COMMUNICATIONS, (C) ANY THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS, WEBSITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS ON THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (D) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, (E) YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, OR (F) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TPS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, ANY FACTS OR OPINIONS APPEARING ON OR THROUGH AN INTERACTIVE AREA, OR ANY THIRD-PARTY COMMUNICATIONS. TPS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, OR ANY THIRD-PARTY COMMUNICATIONS.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold TPS, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms of Service by you or arising from or related to any postings submitted by you.
These Terms of Service are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without regard for principles of conflicts of laws. Any action, claim, dispute, or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service shall be brought exclusively in the state and federal courts sitting in Santa Barbara County, California.
Your use of this Website is subject to these Terms of Service and TPS's Privacy Notice.
Severability of Provisions
These Terms of Service incorporate by reference any notices contained on this Website, the Privacy Notice, or the Copyright Policy, and constitute the entire agreement with respect to access to and use of this Website. In the event there is conflict amongst the terms of the foregoing, these Terms of Service prevail. If any provision of these Terms of Service is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.
Modifications to Terms of Service
TPS may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service, including without limitation TPS's Privacy Notice, at any time by posting the amended terms on the Websites or otherwise linking to them in the Services. TPS additionally will either (a) notify you via the email address you have associated with your account if you have registered with the Websites or Services, so you must ensure that TPS's email is not filtered from your Inbox by your ISP or email software, or (b) post a notice on the Websites and Services that the Terms of Services and/or Privacy Notice has been updated. You agree that your use of this Website, after the date on which the Terms of Service changed, will constitute your acceptance of the updated Terms of Service and that you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions.
Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
TPS takes claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Websites or Services infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Websites or Services by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below). In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) ("DMCA"), the written notice (the "DMCA Notice") must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Websites or Services, a representative list of such works
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing, in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material
- Adequate information to allow us to contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address)
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
DMCA Notices may be sent to our Director of Marketing.
Keith Alberts, Director of Marketing and Information Technology
Texas Political Subdivisions JSIF
14990 Landmark Blvd #300
Dallas, Texas 75254
If you fail to comply with all the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Websites or Services is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
In certain circumstances, TPS will disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.